Suppose I don’t want to drive to the festival? Great idea – we strongly recommend all patrons to find alternatives to driving themselves home. This is a beer festival after all, and we want our patrons to get home safely.
Yellow Cab is the official sponsor of the 2013 Charlotte Oktoberfest. The good folks at Yellow Cab are eagerly looking forward to assisting our patrons in getting home safely. You can reach them by calling:
- Yellow Cab: (704) 444-4444
Designated Driver Services
Zingo’s designated drivers will drive you back home in your own car. They are currently accepting reservations for 3:00, 4:30, and 6:00 departure times from Charlotte Oktoberfest event site.
Zingo is offering Charlotte Oktoberfest patrons a discounted member pricing rate of $10 for pickup + $3 per mile. To take advantage of this offer, please call 704-804-8000 and speak to a representative. An accurate fare estimate will be given to anyone who calls to inquire about a ride.
Due to the overwhelming demand for this service, we strongly suggest you book your ride prior to the day of the event.
BeMyDD has two services to offer our Oktoberfest guests:
- 1. Personal Driver: A driver will come to your home, leave their vehicle, and take you in your car anywhere you want to go for only $15.00/hour. Reservations must be made a minimum of 2 hours prior to pickup. Reservations have a 3-hour minimum. Cancellations must be at least 2-hours before the scheduled pickup time. Cancellations not meeting the 2-hour requirement are subject to the 3-hour minimum ($45.00) fee.
- 2. Pick-Up Service: A team of two drivers will arrive to your pick up location in one car, one driver will take you and your car back home while the other follows. There is a 15-minute grace period for pick-ups and any customers not at the designated location at the scheduled pick up time are subject to the minimum charge of $45.00. Cancellations must be at least 2-hours before the scheduled pickup time. Cancellations not meeting the 2-hour requirement are subject to the 3-hour minimum ($45.00) fee.
BeMyDD is offering first time customers 20% off either of these services when the reservation is made using promo code COKT13. This promo code will be good until September 28, 2013.
The Charlotte Area Transit System’s LYNX light rail and bus services will get you to the Charlotte Transportation Center. Once at the transit center, take bus route 21 outbound to the intersection of Seaboard Street & Johnson Street. From there, walk 0.2 miles to the NC Music Factory.
You can plan your own trip on the CATS website (www.ridetransit.org). The address of the NC Music Factory is: 1000 NC Music Factory Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28206
Once again, The Grapevine Wine Bar in Fort Mill is organizing a shuttle to/from the Oktoberfest site. The cost is $20/person and you can register by clicking the link below. You must pre-register. This shuttle sells out every year, so register early:
Hotels with Shuttles
Several downtown hotels offer car/limo service to the NC Music Factory from their location for their customers:
- Doubletree (895 W. Trade Street, Charlotte NC)
- $12 (each way) taxi/town car service to/from NCMF.
- Holiday Inn Center City (230 N. College Street, Charlotte, NC)
- Free shuttle within a 3-mile radius (includes NCMF). Shuttle runs 7am-9pm.
- Hilton Center City (222 E. Third Street, Charlotte, NC)
- $15 (up to 2 people), $22 (3 people), $27 (4 people), 5-6 people ($32). All charges are each way.