Charlotte Oktoberfest 2016 Volunteer Expectations
Thank you for volunteering for Charlotte Oktoberfest 2016! Please review and acknowledge the following expectations for volunteers of Charlotte Oktoberfest 2016 to ensure safety for all attendees and volunteers as well as compliance with laws and regulations enforced by the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement. We want this event to be fun and safe and to operate with the utmost integrity.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteer training will be held at a date and time to be determined.
- Volunteers must wear their Charlotte Oktoberfest Volunteer T-Shirt at the festival while they are volunteering. The shirt will be distributed during the volunteer training session.
- Volunteers should read the team description for their assigned position, be prepared to execute the responsibilities of the team, and follow all direction of their team captain(s) and the Charlotte Oktoberfest Directors.
EXPECTATIONS OF VOLUNTEERS SERVING ALCOHOL
- Consumption of alcohol before or during your volunteer assignment is unlawful and will not be permitted. Any volunteer observed consuming alcohol, displaying signs of intoxication, or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on duty will be promptly escorted from the festival site.
- Only designated alcohol servers, brewery and distributor representatives, and festival management are allowed behind the pouring stations, without exception.
- If an attendee appears to be intoxicated or over-served, you have the right and responsibility to deny them service.
- Any Beer Pourer or Beer Education Volunteers must not be served any alcohol during the festival.