Charlotte Oktoberfest 2017 Volunteer Expectations
Thank you for volunteering for the 18th Charlotte Oktoberfest on 09/09/2017 at Symphony Park! Please review and acknowledge the following expectations for volunteers of Charlotte Oktoberfest 2017 to ensure safety for all attendees and volunteers, as well as compliance with laws and regulations enforced by the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement. We want this event to be fun and safe and to operate with the utmost integrity.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteer training will be held at a date and time to be determined.
- Volunteers must wear their Charlotte Oktoberfest Volunteer T-Shirt at the festival while they are volunteering. The shirt will be distributed during the volunteer training session.
- Volunteers should read the team description for their assigned position, be prepared to execute the responsibilities of the team, and follow all direction of their team captain(s) as well as the Charlotte Oktoberfest Committee Heads.
EXPECTATIONS OF VOLUNTEERS SERVING ALCOHOL
- Consumption of alcohol before or during your volunteer assignment is unlawful and will not be permitted. Any volunteer observed consuming alcohol, displaying signs of intoxication, or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on duty will be promptly escorted from the festival site.
- Only designated alcohol servers, brewery and distributor representatives, and Charlotte Oktoberfest festival management are allowed behind the pouring stations, without exception.
- If an attendee appears to be intoxicated or over-served, you have the right and responsibility to deny them service.
- Any Beer Pourer Volunteer must not be served any alcohol during the festival, without exception.
Your 2017 Festival Director & Director of Volunteers